The IELTS Exam is a prestigious exam designed to test a candidate’s proficiency in English as a language. Just like any other exam, this one also comes with its own share of stress and anxiety.
We all are aware of how preparing for the IELTS exam from mentors such as Gurully.com can be really helpful. But just like the exam if you are prepared for the test day as well, the journey becomes much smoother. So, here are a few tried and tested tips to help you in your IELTS Exam.
Tips to consider on the test day for the IELTS exam
- Just like any other exam, it is advised for the IELTS exam as well to sleep and eat well. Since the exam is 2 hours and 40 minutes long, it becomes especially important to stay focused and have concentration during the exam.
- As there is no formal interview involved in the exam, you can dress up in the most comfortable clothes. Remember, it is important to feel comfortable and confident more than it is to look good.
- Keep yourself hydrated–not just before and after the exam, but also during the exam. You can also carry a sipper to the exam room, but ensure that it is transparent.
- It is highly recommended that you arrive early at the test center. For this, you need to be sure of the time it will take for you to reach the test center and then add extra time to it. You will need this to check-in. Reaching the test center early will also help you to be in control of yourself and perform well during the exam.
- The IELTS is a fairly long exam and there is no break in between. So before you enter the test room, make it a point to use the restroom. It will assure that you are not distracted during the exam. Even though you can take a break during the exam, remember that you will lose your precious time and that could mean losing scores.
- It should be noted here that any kind of electronic items are not allowed inside the test room and that includes the phone as well.
- Ensure that you carry extra stationery in terms of pencils, pens, and erasers as a safety measure. You are strictly not allowed to carry a dictionary or an extra page inside the test room.
- When appearing for the Speaking Test, you cannot carry anything other than your ID because that is all you will need.
- The candidates will be given a clear set of instructions before the test begins. Listen to them carefully to avoid any goof-up later.
- Since no electronic items are allowed inside the exam room, you are also not allowed to wear a watch. There will be a clock inside the test room. Find its place before you begin writing your exam so you can keep a check on the time as well.
- If there is anything bothering you about the test or if you have a query regarding the test, make sure to clear that a couple of days in advance. This will prevent the wastage of time on the test day.
When you know exactly how an IELTS test day looks like, you can be better prepared to take it in your stride. Therefore, follow the expert tips given above.