Like TOEFL and GRE, the Duolingo exam is another English proficiency test accepted by various international universities. The Duolingo exam score can be used to find a job, boost your knowledge, and get admission to any overseas university.
Are you willing to prove your English language proficiency? Then, you can take this test, which can be downloaded online anytime. Being a cost-efficient option, the Duolingo exam doesn’t need you to travel to another location; instead, you can complete it in your home’s comfort.
If you want to know more about this exam, keep reading. This article will give you nitty-gritty information about the Duolingo exam, including its syllabus, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and many more!
Highlights of the Duolingo English Exam
|More than 3000
|Found in and conducted by
|2016 and Duolingo
|Candidates must have a government ID or driver’s license, a passport, great internet connectivity, and a PC with a front-facing camera, speakers, and microphone.
|On a scale of 10 to 160
Why should you take the Duolingo English Test?
- More than 3000 universities globally accept this test, and its score can be used to access undergraduate programs.
- While compared to other English language proficiency tests like PTE, IELTS, GRE, and TOEFL, the Duolingo exam is free, and the obtained score can be sent to as many colleges as you prefer.
- Compared to other tests, this Duolingo exam is a short-duration test with an easier framework.
- A student can obtain their result within 48 hours of submission.
Duolingo Exam Time and Pattern
Being a computer-based exam, the time limit of the Duolingo test is 1 hour. There are two sections: Video Interview and the Adaptive test. However, the test pattern is the following:
Duolingo English Test Syllabus
Below are the question types that usually appear on the Duolingo test and are included in the test syllabus.
- Complete the missing letters or words
- Jot down a description of a given topic or image
- Write answers in 50 words
- Detect the right pronunciation of the words by listening
- Readout loud the given sentence on the screen
- Find out the words of actual English
- Write what you hear
- Answer an audio question by speaking
Duolingo Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Age criteria
Duolingo Exam doesn’t have any age limit. It’s available for everyone who needs to take an English language skill test. Although applicants below 13 years old need parental consent to perform this test. The legal parents or guardians need to give their written consent via an online form during test registration.
- Academic qualification
For the Duolingo exam, the academic qualification of a candidate must never be restricted. You don’t need any proper academic qualification to appear in this test. The 6th, 8th, and 9th standards students can apply for it.
- The total number of attempts
Although this exam is conducted throughout the year, you can partake twice only in 30 days. Students can retake the test till they obtain their desired score. The world-class universities have higher score requirements, and students can register for a new Duolingo exam only after announcing the last exam result. In case you don’t obtain a certificate for a specific test, it implies that the exam has been considered untested.
In a nutshell, it has been seen that the universities widely accept the Duolingo English Proficiency Test, and this test offers seamless benefits for the students too! So, what are you thinking of? Join Gurully today for kick-starting your exam preparation with us!